Over the last few weeks, we have adjusted routines and workspaces and created new programming to meet the needs of teens and their families.
We continue to offer resources for teens and parents and want to ensure our community is moving forward in healthy ways.
Stay safe and healthy!
Here are a few ways we are helping teens:
- Virtual workshops and in-service projects: We have weekly workshops and projects that are fun and educational and allow teens to learn new skills, socialize with other teens and have positive things to keep busy. It’s quick and easy to sign up here: https://teenaction.volunteerhub.com.
Group Me: A small group that provides a safe space to talk and discuss issues. The group is currently meeting on Monday afternoons.
You can sign up here: https://forms.gle/Bzai4Vh6hsumtzof7
- Resources: For teens who are in need of hygiene items, food, or have other basic needs, we have supplies! We also have items for teen parents like wipes and diapers. Contact us at 479.636.8272
Here are a few tips for parents in navigating COVID-19 with teens:
- Allow teens space and time to process their feelings.
- Be patient as teens (and adults) are adjusting to a new “normal”.
- Communicate in healthy ways using “I feel” statements rather than “You are” statements.
- Develop a routine that works for everyone in the family.
- Eat together and encourage positivity.
- Do something fun.
- If anxiety and stress are increasing, reach out for help! Give us a call (479.636.8272) and we can schedule an appointment with one of our counselors.